What is automation in Fracttal?
Automation of your workflows are the use of various business rules along with notification triggers within Fracttal that helps the system determine when to perform different actions (for example, when to send out alert notifications) based on specific events and/ or conditions of a particular movement are met, all based on the operations recorded within Fracttal.
The biggest benefit of automated notifications is that you can save on wasted labor, however automation can also be used to help you save energy and materials as well as to improve the quality, accuracy and timely feedback on maintenance activities.
Typical uses of automated notificcations in Fracttal:
Work Requests and Notifications
- Alert members of your team/ the whole maintenance team when a client/ operator requests urgent maintenance work to be done
- Alert warehouse staff when low stock thresholds are reached and re-ordering of parts are required
- Alert member of your team when a work order was issued to them, or when a work order is late and overdue
Documents & Warrantees - Alert members when warrantees expire or when certificates are up for renewal
How to use it? - Overview
The first thing you should do is navigate to the Dispatcher module:
1. In the main menu bar, navigate down to and click on the "Dispatcher" menu item
Every Fracttal instance comes with predefined rule templates that can be used to quickly configure & automate your notifications. You can also create a custom rule (essentially a blank rule template).
When on the "Dispatcher" window, this is what you will see:
1. Pre-built business rules which the user can leave as is, edit and use or simply delete to create a customised one.
2. "+Add", button to create the new business rules.
3. "Remove", button to delete business rules.
4. "Notification groups", button to create groups of emails/ notifications to which the alerts will be sent when the business rules are executed
5. "Options", button to export the business rules.
For details regarding creating of rules for various modules in Fracttal please look at the following: